Wednesday, June 22, 2011

"Mushroom Bruschetta"

I had a craving for the bruschetta that's on the menu at my last job, and though I didn't have scampi butter, thyme, boursin cheese or ciabatta bread, I came up with a quick and easy recipe using only things I had around the kitchen.


I used:
1/2 can original Ro-Tel
3 tablespoons butter
1 (4 oz) can mushrooms, sliced
1/4 medium white onion, sliced
2 medium cloves garlic, minced
3 slices provolone cheese
1 teaspoon ground red Cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 leftover hoagie/sandwich roll, sliced 
(the hoagie I used was large enough to make 6 slices)



In a high sided skillet, melt butter with minced garlic. Drain Rotel of any excess liquid and add to skillet, along with mushrooms, onions, and all seasonings. Cover and let simmer for 5-6 minutes, or until onions are cooked, stirring occasionally. 


While the toppings are simmering, put 1/2 slice of cheese on each piece of sliced bread (or enough to cover, depending on size). Put on baking sheet and bake at 350ยบ just long enough to lightly toast and melt cheese.


Remove bread from oven, put on plate, and put contents of skillet on top.




iDisfrutar de!

No comments:

Post a Comment